- 25,695 hits
- An Investigation into Giles Ridout of Virginia and the London connection
- Rev. George Ridout (1820-1908)
- ‘The Ridouts of Sherborne’ – writing up your family history
- The Ridout book is finally published!
- The book that got away!
- The Sherborne Almshouse Register
- Two Huguenot ‘Ridout’ families
- Some notes on Robert SYMONDS’ will, 1668
- …. and now for something completely different!
- Age Shall Not Weary Them….
- Walter Rydowte of Folke, a gentleman and a rebel!
- William Rydeowte of Chettle – a 16th century gentleman!
- Richard Ridout of Sherborne and Richard Ridout of North Wootton: the same man or not?
- The Ridouts of North Wootton
- The OLIVER family of Sherborne
- The conundrum of the two Johns, husbands of Elizabeth OLIVER & Alice TOOGOOD
- Jeremiah & Porter Ridout: yellow silk shoes and blue murder!
- The Nethercombe Ridouts in Sherborne: have I found my line?
- Ridouts, Rideouts and a tangled web of yDNA
- The Ridout Collection: Society of Genealogists, London
- George Biggs Orchard and ‘the blonde in the black dress’
- The sad tale of Benjamin Guinness Orchard
- The Orchards of Widcombe: ancestors of Jacob, William, Charles, Thomas, Isaac and Abraham
- From Orchards to Archards: coachmakers, pawnbrokers, local councillors and… Australians!
- Abraham ORCHARD, Thomas & Mary MILLS, Mrs Hannah MORE and Zachary MACAULEY all in one blog!
- Isaac and Abraham ORCHARD: Friends of John Wesley!
- Isaac and Abraham Orchard of Bath: gentlemen non-conformists
- More rambling about the Orchards: Walter and William Henry of Abbey Green
- The Orchard family of Bath: Perriwigs, Powders and Pomatums
- The child that was born on the Sabbath Day: William Ridout (1822-1892)
My UK nature blog:
Author Archives: Prevaricat
Early history of the family of Giles Ridout (b~1666) According to Arthur George Ridout (1852-1939), a genealogist whose work I often use as a basis for research, a chap called Giles Ridout was born in ~1600, in an unknown town … Continue reading
George was born on the 23rd January 1820 at Newland, Gloucestershire and died 25th October 1908 at Eastbourne. His parents were George Ridout (1788-1813) & Mary Ann Dowell and grandfather was John Gibbs Ridout (1757-1823). He attended Emmanuel College, Cambridge and … Continue reading