- 61,291 hits
Join 265 other followers
- The Beatons of Somer… no – Dorset!
- Giles Ridout of Virginia or John Ridout of Sherborne (b.1699)?
- Exciting genealogical news… two families linked by DNA?
- The Mysterious tale of Sir Christopher Wren, a Ridout family and the ‘Culloden Medal’
- Charles Vie Ridout – the man that nearly wasn’t.
- Sorting out the ‘Johns and Marys’ in parish records
- The Morris HUTCHINS…. joining the dots of the Fontmell Magna Rideout’s tree
- The Compton Abbas Rideouts: Thomas and who?
- ‘The Philips’: Tisbury, Fontmell Magna and Farnham RIDEOUTs
- An Investigation into Giles Ridout of Virginia and the London connection
- Rev. George Ridout (1820-1908)
- ‘The Ridouts of Sherborne’ – writing up your family history
- The Ridout book is finally published!
- The book that got away!
- The Sherborne Almshouse Register
- Two Huguenot ‘Ridout’ families
- Some notes on Robert SYMONDS’ will, 1668
- …. and now for something completely different!
- Age Shall Not Weary Them….
- Walter Rydowte of Folke, a gentleman and a rebel!
- William Rydeowte of Chettle – a 16th century gentleman!
- Richard Ridout of Sherborne and Richard Ridout of North Wootton: the same man or not?
- The Ridouts of North Wootton
- The OLIVER family of Sherborne
- The conundrum of the two Johns, husbands of Elizabeth OLIVER & Alice TOOGOOD
- Jeremiah & Porter Ridout: yellow silk shoes and blue murder!
- The Nethercombe Ridouts in Sherborne: have I found my line?
- Ridouts, Rideouts and a tangled web of yDNA
- The Ridout Collection: Society of Genealogists, London
- George Biggs Orchard and ‘the blonde in the black dress’
My UK nature blog:
Tag Archives: Bath
I have written much of the RIDOUTs of Bath, the first of whom came to the city in about 1805. These folk belong to my maternal grandfather’s side, having originated in Sherborne, Dorset. My maternal grandmother’s side came from rural … Continue reading
“Bonny and blithe and good and gay”. I’m not sure if this describes William, son of John RIDOUT and Martha SOMERTON, or not but he certainly strikes me as enigmatic. He was born in Bath on the 3rd October 1822 … Continue reading