- 39,009 hits
- The Beatons of Somer… no – Dorset!
- Giles Ridout of Virginia or John Ridout of Sherborne (b.1699)?
- Exciting genealogical news… two families linked by DNA?
- The Mysterious tale of Sir Christopher Wren, a Ridout family and the ‘Culloden Medal’
- Charles Vie Ridout – the man that nearly wasn’t.
- Sorting out the ‘Johns and Marys’ in parish records
- The Morris HUTCHINS…. joining the dots of the Fontmell Magna Rideout’s tree
- The Compton Abbas Rideouts: Thomas and who?
- ‘The Philips’: Tisbury, Fontmell Magna and Farnham RIDEOUTs
- An Investigation into Giles Ridout of Virginia and the London connection
- Rev. George Ridout (1820-1908)
- ‘The Ridouts of Sherborne’ – writing up your family history
- The Ridout book is finally published!
- The book that got away!
- The Sherborne Almshouse Register
- Two Huguenot ‘Ridout’ families
- Some notes on Robert SYMONDS’ will, 1668
- …. and now for something completely different!
- Age Shall Not Weary Them….
- Walter Rydowte of Folke, a gentleman and a rebel!
- William Rydeowte of Chettle – a 16th century gentleman!
- Richard Ridout of Sherborne and Richard Ridout of North Wootton: the same man or not?
- The Ridouts of North Wootton
- The OLIVER family of Sherborne
- The conundrum of the two Johns, husbands of Elizabeth OLIVER & Alice TOOGOOD
- Jeremiah & Porter Ridout: yellow silk shoes and blue murder!
- The Nethercombe Ridouts in Sherborne: have I found my line?
- Ridouts, Rideouts and a tangled web of yDNA
- The Ridout Collection: Society of Genealogists, London
- George Biggs Orchard and ‘the blonde in the black dress’
My UK nature blog:
Tag Archives: West Mill Sherborne
Last week I was fortunate enough to visit Sherborne, a lovely Dorset town and home of my mother’s paternal family, the Ridouts. In antiquity, Sherborne and nearby Blandford were the main centre for Ridouts and hence there were rich pickings … Continue reading
Christopher Ridout’s second son was George (1701-1779). When he grew up, George was by trade a baker and probably succeeded to his father’s business at West Mill. The mill had originally been built in the sixteenth century but was apparently … Continue reading